Friday, September 23, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Ken and Karen Bowen of Cary, NC


View Larger Map

Opening: Mid to late September 2011


Phone: 919-552-9474


Q: Where are you originally from?

A: I grew up in Chapel Hill, NC, but have been in Holly Springs, a town outside of Cary since 1992.


Q: What did you do before becoming a Hand and Stone franchisee?

A: Before opening my first business with Hand & Stone, I was a Physical Therapist for 22 years. I graduated with an MS in PT from the University of Alabama at Birmingham and have been practicing since 1988. I worked in hospitals, homes and rehab centers for years and now desire to experience something new, especially with the changing healthcare industry. In addition, I wanted to focus more on customer service & creating a WOW experience for customers.


Q: How did you learn about Hand and Stone?

A: My husband, Ken, and I had been looking into business opportunities for quite some time. Ken is an electrical engineer by trade and in the financial field and will be able to provide me support with the financial aspect of the business. We used a franchise coach to help us determine a franchise industry to focus on, and after a few possibilities we saw Hand & Stone as a great fit.


Q: Why was Hand and Stone the right fit for you?

A: The major selling point with us for Hand & Stone was the customer service aspect. I wanted to be involved in something in which I could help create a great customer experience. In addition, massage has become more than just a luxurious treat. It is something that can improve one’s health & well-being. This really resonated with me and my PT background.


Q: What are your future goals? Development plans?

A: I want to get this location running and successful, but my husband and I would like to open another location down the line for both of us to be involved in.


ABOUT HAND & STONE

Hand & Stone is a 40-plus unit massage and facial spa with a mission to bring massage and massage services to the masses. Launched in 2005 by a passionate physical therapist, John Marco and now lead by franchise veteran Todd Leff, Hand & Stone now resides in 12 states and Canada with plans to open an additional 40 locations by the end of 2011. For more information on Hand & Stone, visit www.handandstone.com.

1 comments:

Humaun Kabir said...

Thanks for your valuable information. It really gives me an insight on this topic. I'll visit here again for more information.

therapy Cary

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics