Friday, November 4, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Beth Maynard of Exton, Pa


Location: Exton, PA

Q: Where are you originally from?
A:  I’m from Gainesville, FL, but I moved to Exton, PA eight years ago.

Q: Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
A:  I worked in the privatized student housing industry for 21 years. I fell in love with that specific industry because it was always exciting, fast-paced, and interesting to see how different colleges handle the privatized student housing industry.  I loved the energy and involvement with the college-aged students. It’s fun to work with students who you are providing their very first housing experience to and the parents who are dealing with letting their children go into the real world for the first time.

Q: How did you learn about the brand?
A:  The only other thing I could imagine doing outside of the student housing industry was owning my own spa.  However I had no idea there were franchises in the day spa segment out there.  I saw this franchise opportunity with Hand & Stone was actually quite shocked.  I thought it was perfect because I have no prior experience in the massage industry but Hand & Stone could teach me all I needed to know.  In less than 30 days, I signed up as a franchisee.   

I have literally no competition in my market and everyone I’m spoken with so far has made me believe that this concept is going to do really well.  People want a place to go to and relax, but there’s really nothing in Exton that can provide that experience.  This whole process is really exciting because it’s my first time as a business owner.  I have loved finding a business that means something to me and taking it through the entire process of getting it up and running. I’m excited to work for myself and expand when the time is right.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A:  I had always gotten massages to help with stress so I was very interested in massage from a health benefit standpoint.  That is what the corporate team is all about. I felt like Hand & Stone was a step above the competition from the look and feel of the spa to my interactions with the corporate team.  I feel comfortable that I will be successful as a result of great support I will receive from them. 

Q: What are your future goals? Development plans?
A:  It’s my goal to own three locations; two in Pennsylvania and one in Florida. 

ABOUT HAND & STONE
Hand & Stone is a 40-plus unit spa chain with a mission to bring affordable massage and facial services to the masses. Launched in 2005 by founder and COO John Marco and led by franchise veteran Todd Leff, President and CEO, Hand & Stone now resides in 12 states and Canada with plans to open an additional 40 locations by the end of 2011.  For more information on Hand & Stone, visit www.handandstone.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics