Friday, November 18, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Will Dennis of Greenville, South Carolina


View Larger Map


Name:  Will Dennis                                                          
Opening Date: November/December 2011
Location: 59 Woodruff Industrial Lane, Greenville, S.C.

As a father, husband and prior business owner, Hand & Stone franchisee Will Dennis has perfected the art of managing teams. Now, Dennis is combining his University of South Carolina business education and prior entrepreneurship in order to saturate the Greenville and Columbia, S.C., markets. By providing superb customer service and offering a place for locals to escape for relaxation, he strives to withstand competitors in the wellness and massage industries.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I’ve been a local of Greenville, S.C., my entire life.

Q: What was your career before franchising?
A: Before franchising, I was President of Consolidated Tires and The Tire Exchange, an independent chain of commercial and consumer tire stores. My father and grandfather originally owned the stores, so I was the third generation.  After several years in various positions, I took over when my dad decided to retire.  After seven years of running the business, I was presented with an opportunity to sell and began new endeavors.

Q: How did you learn about the brand?
A: I learned about the Hand & Stone brand through a franchise broker and extensive research.

Q: When choosing a franchise, what were the criteria you used to make your decision?
A: When choosing a franchise, I wanted a business that was part of a growing industry. I wanted to be in front of a major growth curve, and the wellness industry met that criteria. Additionally, I wanted to be local and close to home because I had previously traveled extensively. With three smaller children and a wife at home, I wanted to put those days behind me. It was important for me to find a business that I could eventually run without having to work 80 hours a week. I also wanted a business that I could grow through my professional and social networks. Lastly, I wanted to be part of a company where the original entrepreneur was still involved with the business. I didn’t want to join a team that had been managed by several different owners.

Q: What was appealing to you about joining a franchise system?
A: I was attracted to the franchising system because it provided a proven and sustained business model. By franchising, all I really have to do is follow the people before me and their predefined operational instructions. As a result, I’m able to spend the majority of my time on customer service rather than operational processes and procedures.

Q: With regard to your previous experience, what skills do you feel helped you in your business?
A: My ability to build a team is most definitely the single greatest accomplishment from my previous work experience. By hiring the right people to execute the company’s strategy, I’m able to place them and manage them in a fashion that encourages them to work. As a result, the company is able to provide a customer service strategy that can’t be beat.

Q: What makes your business different?
A: Hand & Stone offers a warm and comfortable environment, which allows me to provide a therapeutic experience to everyone who walks through our doors. We hope to cultivate a “mini vacation” feel, which will set us apart from competing spas.

Q: What are your expansion or development plans?
A: I bought the rights for three locations, so I plan on expanding further into the Greenville and Columbia markets within the next 24 months.

ABOUT HAND & STONE
Hand & Stone is a 50-plus unit massage and facial spa with a mission to bring massage and facial services to the masses, tapping into the “day-cation” market segment.  Launched in 2005 by a passionate physical therapist, John Marco and now led by franchise veteran Todd Leff, Hand & Stone now has locations in 12 states and Canada with plans to open an additional 20 locations by the end of 2011.  For more information on Hand & Stone, visit www.handandstone.com.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

We want to keep clean the Greenville sc. So if you want to control pests from your house and office, Contact us as soon as possible, here https://goo.gl/maps/Jn79Qpx9LDC2.
Thank you

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics