Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Meet Hand & Stone franchisee Teri Evans



Teri Evans is originally from a small town in Louisiana and earned multiple degrees from Northwestern State University in Louisiana for computer information systems and business administration. Teri has a background in technology, and has been the director of IT for the past six years for a small company in the health care industry. She has lived in Austin for the past 15 years and is now opening her first Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa location. 


How did you learn about the brand?
The company I worked for was bought by a larger company and due to downsizing my position was no longer available. I took some time off and traveled the world for six months while at the same time figuring out my next move. I knew I had always wanted to own my own business, and after my rest and time away I knew this was the right time for me to pursue my dreams. I began researching franchising, and worked with a franchise consultant. After several recommendations, I decided Hand & Stone was the right opportunity for me.

Why did you choose an opportunity with Hand & Stone?
I love the Hand & Stone business model. During my travels, I often sought out different spas to try out and I am also a regular spa visitor, so I have always had an interest in the industry. I also have a passion for the health industry and personal health.

What makes your business unique in the community?
The full-service aspect of our business and the service we provide sets us apart in the community. There is another location just outside of Austin, but this will be the first location in Austin city proper.

Are you involved with any charities or do any community outreach with your business?
I volunteer for Eels on Wheels, and also work with the Girls Settlement Home in Austin. I also work with First Tee of Austin, teaching golf to young girls ages 5-18. I plan on making my Hand & Stone location a true community service.

What challenges have you overcome to get where you are now?
I had been doing a lot of research before expressing my plans to open my own business. The initial reaction from people around me expressing their doubts and concerns about opening a business was challenging to hear, however I’m excited about the opportunity to prove it to everyone that Hand & Stone will flourish throughout the community!

What are your expansion or development plans? What is your end goal with Hand & Stone?
I am planning to open three locations. Eventually, I would like to open more than three and even venture outside of Austin. I believe in this model and see the potential of the brand.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies or passions?
I play a lot of golf and love to scuba dive and travel! I’m glad that I’m able to give back to the community through my passions.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics