Thursday, April 21, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Bonnie Horwith of Allentown, PA


View Larger Map

Q: Where are you originally from?
A: I’m from Walnutport, PA, just slightly north of Allentown.

Q: Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
A: I had a long career in the specific sector of gas and chemical manufacturing. For about 28 years, I was in the information technology group of a fortune 500 company. My department got outsourced in April 2010 and from there I spent some time thinking about what I wanted to do next. Initially I began looking for another job in the IT field, but the IT field had taken quit a hit in my area so there wasn’t much career potential. Upon that realization, I revisited an idea of entrepreneurship I’ve had on several occasions but had never pursued.

Q: How did you learn about the brand?
A: I began thinking of businesses I could start myself and searched the Internet for concepts that I thought fit my personality. I thought that was food but I met with a franchise consultant and after talking with him I started learning about other opportunities and that’s when I learned about Hand & Stone. I had thought about owning a spa before, so it was a natural fit.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: I liked everything about Hand & Stone. It’s a refreshing environment, everyone is friendly. The décor relaxes you; it’s a very soothing feeling.
Q: How do you see the brand connecting with your local community?
A: First and foremost, I see Hand & Stone being a destination for residents in Allentown to relax. We really don’t have anything like this in Allentown. That’s why I believe it’s going to be so popular. People are craving this type of service in my area. I’d also like to become involved with some local nonprofit organizations. My goal is to really become a community staple.

Q: What are your future goals? Development plans?
A: My first goal is to open and be profitable, and grow so that employment opportunities can be extended to others in the Lehigh Valley. After that happens, anything is possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics