Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Julie and Brian Bulatovic of Denver, CO


View Larger Map

Q: Where are you originally from?
A: I’m originally from the Colorado and grew up between, Denver and the Vail Valley. My husband Brian is from Fort Collins.

Q: Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
A: I’m wrapping up a long career, 20 years, in the real estate development/construction industry. I did everything from leasing properties, assist in designing office buildings and tenant suites, hiring architects, contractors and working with attorneys and lenders. As a part of my leasing services I helped recruit physicians to join the staff at hospitals and help with tenancy in our buildings. My job has taken me all over the country.

Brian owns a development and construction consulting business in Denver. He founded his company three years ago, and has been working in construction since the age of 16.
Q: How did you learn about the brand?
A: After becoming a mom, I have realized that a work / life balance is more important than ever. With two young boys and a husband it became too challenging getting on a plane every week. It was not the best option for my family. I want to contribute in the working world and be present for my family. As a result of looking to find this better balance, I began looking at what my next step could be. Brian and I looked into franchising for four years and several different business models. We found that we wanted to become franchisees with a brand that was up and coming and had great growth potential. That led us to Hand & Stone in January of 2011. I loved the business model – a fresh concept and a fantastic leadership group through the corporate office. We wanted to be a part of stable business with tremendous growth potential. We signed an agreement for two locations and anticipate opening more spas after that as well.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?

A: The business model is solid and the leadership team is going to grow the business at a steady yet strong pace. I love the fact that we can help build the Hand & Stone brand in Colorado. Our stores will be the second and third locations in Colorado. I’m most excited to help people realize the health benefits of massage, facials and waxing and be able to afford it on a consistent, monthly basis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics